A place to catch my things...
5 principles of good design that are too often ignored…
Can your design pass these filters?
- Good design makes a product useful. Emphasizes the usefulness of a product while disregarding anything that could possibly detract from it.
- Good design makes a product understandable. Can make the product talk.
- Good design is unobtrusive. Leaves room for the user’s self expression.
- Good design is honest. Doesn’t manipulate the consumer with promises that can’t be kept.
- Good design is as little design as possible. Concentrates on the essentials and the product is not burdened with non-essentials.
This list is an excerpt of a top 10 list by Dieter Rams. I just pulled my top 5 from the top 10, cuz that’s how I roll. (Thanks to Dieter for the list and Jeff Myers for sharing the link.)