A place to catch my things...
"But do you know what happens to girls who love lost boys? They become lost themselves. Without fail."
"Done! Just finished the final mix last night. In two weeks Arrested Development will be yours to do with as you please."
creator Mitch Hurwitz via shortformblog
(Can Netflix handle the bandwidth that’s coming their way? I sure hope so. Planning my binge watching now.)
"Funny thing about wearing your struggle on the outside: it makes you stronger. It teaches you how to adapt. It forces you to dig deep and do more. And while people like you are sitting at the cool kids table intent on holding others down, the ragtag team of not-so-cool kids is busy pulling others up…and we’ve become an unstoppable force driving the world forward."
12 states and more than 4,500 miles—bring it.
A couple of weeks ago, I asked you for help planning our epic family road trip vacation. Thanks to everyone who pitched in!! Thorough, creative and insightful ideas filled up my inbox and now— we have a plan! Here’s a few route highlights we’re looking forward to on our trek through 12 states across more than 4,500 miles:
- Overnight at Arch in St. Louis, MO.
- Pops in Arcadia, OK.
- Cadillac Ranch in Amarillo, TX.
- Stand on a corner in Winslow, AZ.
- Overnight in Flagstaff, AZ.
- Petrified National Forest, AZ.
- Grand Canyon, AZ.
- Wild burros in Oatman, AZ.
- Las Vegas, NV.
- Hoover Dam, NV.
- Red Rock Canyon, NV.
- Four Corners Monument, UT.
- Garden of the Gods, CO.
- Pioneer Village, NE.
- Field of Dreams movie site, IA.
And, as promised, here’s a document with a list of all the ideas that were sent in.
Special thanks go to these guys:
- Jody Wissing for the reminder to stay flexible, don’t let the plan boss you around and discover things as go.
- Carol Shurr for a big care package of road trip literature.
- Corri Page for hidden gems and URLs.
- Jennifer Armstrong for most comprehensive list of ideas with first hand narrative to go with it.
- Steve Muscato for making me laugh out loud at the “standing on a corner in Winslow, AZ” idea and photo gallery from his family’s road trip.