A place to catch my things...
12 states and more than 4,500 miles—bring it.
A couple of weeks ago, I asked you for help planning our epic family road trip vacation. Thanks to everyone who pitched in!! Thorough, creative and insightful ideas filled up my inbox and now— we have a plan! Here’s a few route highlights we’re looking forward to on our trek through 12 states across more than 4,500 miles:
- Overnight at Arch in St. Louis, MO.
- Pops in Arcadia, OK.
- Cadillac Ranch in Amarillo, TX.
- Stand on a corner in Winslow, AZ.
- Overnight in Flagstaff, AZ.
- Petrified National Forest, AZ.
- Grand Canyon, AZ.
- Wild burros in Oatman, AZ.
- Las Vegas, NV.
- Hoover Dam, NV.
- Red Rock Canyon, NV.
- Four Corners Monument, UT.
- Garden of the Gods, CO.
- Pioneer Village, NE.
- Field of Dreams movie site, IA.
And, as promised, here’s a document with a list of all the ideas that were sent in.
Special thanks go to these guys:
- Jody Wissing for the reminder to stay flexible, don’t let the plan boss you around and discover things as go.
- Carol Shurr for a big care package of road trip literature.
- Corri Page for hidden gems and URLs.
- Jennifer Armstrong for most comprehensive list of ideas with first hand narrative to go with it.
- Steve Muscato for making me laugh out loud at the “standing on a corner in Winslow, AZ” idea and photo gallery from his family’s road trip.